How do I communicate with the Pastor Search Team?Back to Index
How do we stay informed about the process?
Our desire is to keep the body informed regularly. We will keep this site updated as the primary source of information. We anticipate sending out occasional emails and making announcements on Sunday mornings. We also welcome questions, so feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find us and come talk to us. If you don’t know who we are, you can find us here.Back to Index
How long will the pastor search process take?
The short answer is we don’t know exactly how long the process will take, but we do know the main steps in the process. We are humbly and continually seeking God’s guidance in timing during this transition time. We desire to move the process along as quickly as is wise while remaining patient on the Lord. We trust that God will provide discernment and wisdom on the details of the process and who our new pastor is in His perfect timing. Please see the Search Process page for more details how how the process will look.Back to Index
What does this process look like?
Broadly speaking, there are five phases of the pastor search process. These phases are: pre-search preparation, active search, interviews, offer, and transition.
- Pre-Search: In this phase we are developing a church profile, a pastor profile, a job description, and we are putting together our search plan and timeline.
- Active Search: In this phase we are launching and publicizing our pastor search. As applications come in, we are preparing them for review.
- Interviews: In this phase we are taking the applications we received and we are narrowing them to those we would like to interview. From there we are scheduling and holding interviews.
- Offer: In this phase we are looking at our narrowed list of candidates and we will be recommending one to the body for approval. After approval, an offer will be made.
- Transition: In this phase we are working with our new pastor on his transition to Living Hope. This includes considerations for timing, moving, and helping them adjust to Living Hope. In this phase we are working with our new pastor on his transition to Living Hope. This includes considerations for timing, moving, and helping them adjust to Living Hope.
For our current status, please take a look at our homepage.Back to Index